The 3D printed prosthetic is definitely changing the face of medicine! The recent innovation of 3D printers offers an amazing solution for millions of people! Read more!
3D Printing – The Future of the Printing Technology
How far the technology can go? As it seems to us as far as one’s imagination. The constant advancement in technology nowadays leads many individuals to enjoy the ease and convenience it brings. Almost every year, a new technological idea is launched and presented to the public and one of these ideas even makes one’s dream a reality. And, all of this thanks to a device called 3D printer.
With 3D printer, the future is here! It is extremely useful and one industry where it has shown how useful it can be is the medicine. If you are one of the millions of people around the globe that need the use of prosthetic limbs, 3D printed prosthetic hand or 3D prosthetic leg, prepare to be amazed. As a matter of fact, you probably will be fascinated even if you don’t wear a prosthetic leg, finger or hand.
3D Printed Prosthetic – How it Can Improve Our Life
When prosthetic limbs were first built, they had seemed like something came out of a science fiction movie. But, they are actually been of a great help to countless physically unique people from all around the world. This proves that technology never stops and inventors, designers, and creative artist have never stood still about their prestige and accomplishment either. As a matter of fact, they are worriers who keep pushing the restrictions and limitations of the technology.
The result that we can all enjoy in, especially the physically unique individuals is that they can obtain quicker and much less expensive prosthetics with the help of 3D printing. We can bet that you are fascinated by hearing this! We were too when we found out!
How the 3D Printing Works
3D printing is a procedure of printing an object that it can be actually used. The procedure starts very simply. You can create any type of image that you like in a computer software and after scanning the image, it will be automatically sent to the printer that would print in in 3D format. It may seem quite easy, but you need to consider that there are different printers and depending on the requirements and needs of the individual using it, it can also differ in prices.
With 3D printing, the thin plastic filament is melted. After the filament is melted it is squeezed through a nozzle. The computer-generated version is created, one layer after another. The layer on the bottom is created first and after that, the successive layers are created and added.
What Makes 3D Printed Prosthetic so Special
There are many reasons why 3D printed prosthetic is so fascinating. First of all this technology promises to make the future brighter to the physically unique individuals. And second, of all, it is much more affordable. It brings many benefits and finally we can afford to enjoy these benefits. The main benefits of 3D printed prosthetic include:
- 3D Printed Prosthetics Cost – A traditionally made prosthetic generally costs from $5000 to $50 000. This means that huge numbers of physically unique individuals around the globe are unable to afford the type of prosthetic they need. The type of prosthetic that would highly improve the quality of their life. Thank God that we have the 3D printed technology today so everybody can afford prosthetics. The 3D printed prosthetic costs just a few hundred dollars and sometimes even less than that.
- 3D Printed Prosthetic Speed – One 3D printed prosthetic limb can be made in a day. When compared to the traditional made one, it usually takes weeks and sometimes months to create and adjust regular prosthetic limbs.
- 3D Printed Prosthetic Versatility – 3D printed prosthetics can be customized and built in order to suit the owner. Rugged, artistic and specialty designs have been created to suit the specific need or activity use, involving outdoor activities such as running and biking. With the traditional prosthetics, this type of versatility and customizability can cost you a fortune.
- 3D Printed Prosthetic Growth – Considering the fact that children grow very fast – the physically unique kid will very fast outgrow the prosthetic limb. Constantly replacing the limb in order to keep in step with the kid’s growth until it reaches maturity would be an extremely expensive process. Not to mention that the many of the insurance companies balk at paying for kid’s prosthetics because they will outgrow the limbs very quickly. But, don’t worry because there are no such problems with the newest 3D printed prosthetic technology. The much lower cost and the ease of production of 3D prosthetics make it a favorite option. We can expect anytime soon expandable and stretchable 3D prosthetics available for children.
Home-made 3D Printed Prosthetic on Own 3D printer
Believe it or not, there are different 3D printable devices that are free to download and created in such a way that anybody can learn more about the device or construct a device for somebody who really needs.
1. It is advisable to have a 3D printer on your own but if you don’t have access to one, and you are looking for ideas you are free to visit the 3D printing options page where you can surely find information and maybe buy your own printer.
2, Establish which type of prosthetic works best for your needs or which type of design you intend to print.
3. Don’t hesitate to check the Resources page for hardware resources, tutorials and other helpful information that can help you create your own prosthetic.
4. Make sure to watch a tutorial video in order to learn how you can get the right measurements and create the type of prosthetic you need.
In conclusion, we must say that 3D printing and 3D printed prosthetics are the promises of our future. It has definitely given a new meaning of this life and we can’t wait to see what the future technology of 3D printing has for us!