Are you thinking of buying china watches online? It can be difficult to decide what you actually want and which one can be the perfect for you. Watches have become one of the most popular online purchases especially on the Chinese online shops.
Buying China Watches – Shopping Guide
The first and one of the most important things is the size of the want. China watches have gotten much bigger over the past couple of years. While a typical men’s watch may have dimensions 32-35 mm a couple of years ago, newer men’s watches dimensions’ are 38-42mm and some 55mm. The rectangular watches are narrower than the round ones. Average case width for men’s rectangular watch is 28-34mm. We can recommend to buy the one that is according to your style and the size of the hand of course. After all you don’t want to wear a watch that is too big or too small for you.
Here are few tips that can help you:
- Know why you want to purchase china watches, the reason you want one for and what type of watch you prefer: automatic, quartz, digital or winding, formal or casual, leather or metal wristband?
- Have a price in mind and make sure to compare prices on different Chinese shops
- Check the seller’s reputation and ensure that can give you guarantee or warranties
When it comes to China watches type, material and etc. here are few helpful information:
Quartz v. Mechanical
- A quartz watch is an electronic watch, commonly powered by a battery, some are solar, and others are powered by kinetic energy.
- An excellent quality quartz watch is extremely reliable and accurate. They are also low-priced than mechanical watches. The only maintenance they need is an occasional battery change.
- A mechanical watch, is powered by a spring that moves a series of gears and ultimately the hands. It is a more classic technology that goes back few hundred years.
Analog v. Digital
- Analog watches are watches with moving hands, watch with a small LCD or LED screen that displays the time in a digital format.
- Analog watches are known to be somewhat more dressy and elegant, as well as classic. The purpose of the analog watch is commonly limited to time, day, date and perhaps an alarm or stopwatch.
- Digital watches offer much more performances than analog watches. Many of the latest digital watches are equipped with functions such as altimeters, electronic compasses, thermometers, barometers, multiple alarms and timers.
Swiss v. Japanese
- The high-quality watches in the world are made in Japan or in Switzerland.
- The Japanese are best known for the quartz watch. Citizen, Seiko and Casio are the biggest Japanese watch manufacturers and are well respected for their design and quality.
- When you buy a Swiss watch, you know that the watch was made in Switzerland and meets a minimal standard of quality demanded by the Swiss government.
- The Swiss are well known for mechanical watches, but also produce high quality quartz watches as well.
Leather v. Metal Bracelet
- Leather straps are very lightweight, comfortable and more dressy, but must be replaced periodically because dirt and sweat from your wrist causes them to wear out over time.
- Metal bracelets are among the favorite ones in the US than in other places and are very durable, still some people think they can be less enjoyable and cozy.
- Rubber straps incorporate the durability of metal bracelets and the comfort of leather. They are becoming more acceptable in elegant situations and often are seen on quite expensive watches.