Confused about different clothing size and unreliable size guides? With our helpful guidance learn how to measure yourself and buy your favorite pieces of clothing in the right size!
People who shop online for clothes commonly know their dress sizing or US size, but not their exact body measurements. It can be pretty challenging when shopping for your clothes online and have to deal with non-standardized body sizing. However, to not have your own body measurements and wanting to shop online to find modern and affordable clothes would be a disaster.
It is enough to just say – I want to measure and know my sizes because the best way to shop online is to know your own body measurements and then shop at the popular Chinese online stores. The more detailed the clothing measurements these online shops give, the serious they are ensuring you fit into the piece of clothing you intend to buy.
Measure yourself and finding your own size gives you an excellent starting point to find an excellent fit. So, get your own body size.
Measure Yourself – How to Measure Your Body Size
What do you need?
- A tailor's measuring tape
- If you don't have a measuring tape, find a thin rope or string. Use it to take a point, then measure the points with a ruler.
Upper Body - For shirts, tops, tees, blouse, cardigans, tunics
- Chest Size - Measure your chest size which is the fullest part of your chest.
- Shoulder Length - With help from a friend, measure your shoulders from tip to tip.
- Waist Size - Measure around your waist at the smallest part of the mid-section.
- Arms Size - Measure your bicep area or the upper arms. It is helpful to know how the armholes fit in that top.
Lower Body - For skirts, pants, tights
- Measure your waist at the smallest part of your midsection.
- Measure the widest part of your hips. If you do not know where to measure, try around 6-7 inches below your waist.
- Measure your inseam which is the inside part of your leg from the crotch to the feet. This measurement will let you know whether you need your pants hemmed or not or if it is too short for our height.
- Take note of the rise of the bottoms you plan to purchase. If it is low rise pants, then the waist size provided for the pants would be larger depending on how low it rests on your hips.
For a better illustration, this is how retailers professionally measure the clothing they stock. By understanding how retailers or manufacturers measure the clothing pieces and knowing your own body measurements and using body size chart hopefully the next time you buy something online, that piece should fit you perfectly.
Now you can shop for clothing online on Chinese online shops at very affordable prices without worrying about the right size! Keep in mind our helpful guidance, measure yourself and have a pleasant shopping experience!