Helpful step by step instructions on how to measure yourself for a dress. Bust, waist and hip measurements to determine size and fit of your dress.
With the right dress size measurements, you will be able to shop for your favorite dresses online without worrying that they won’t fit you. Measuring your dress sizes is not as complicated as you probably think. With our helpful guidance, you can easily measure yourself for a dress and continue to shop on the Chinese online shops.
Guidelines on How to Measure Yourself for a Dress
- Height: Stand on the floor in bare feet with your back against the wall. Chalk a tiny line on the wall level with the top of the head. Then, measure from the floor to this line.
- Bust: Measure the fullest part of your bust.
- Waist: tie a piece of string around your waist. Then measure the string without removing it.
- Hips: Make sure to place the tape around the fullest part of your hips. This means about 9 inches below the waist for women’s and misses and 7 inches below the waist for miss half size, petite, junior petite, teenagers and younger.
- Back - neck to waist: Make sure to find the bone that sticks out at the nap of the neck and from here measure down to the middle of the waistline.
- Shoulder width: In order to measure your shoulder width clasp your hands together at the front of the waistline. With arms slightly raised and forward, measure across the back from one shoulder point to another shoulder point.
- Back width - Measure across the back armhole to armhole. Start and finish where the normal armhole seams lie.
- Shoulder length – left and right: Measure from the base of your neck to the point of the shoulder on each side. Do not worry if the two measurements are slightly different.
- Sleeve length: Bend the arm slightly and measure from the point of the shoulder to the wrist involving the bend. You can also measure 1 inch from below the underarm seam to the wrist with the arm straight.
Now that you have measure yourself it is time to determine your right dress size using dress size chart or dress size calculator. There are different dress size charts available according to the various standards of measurements used in various countries: dress size chart European, dress size US, dress size cart UK, dress size cart Canada, dress size cart AUS and etc.
Having the right dress size makes shopping online even simpler. Now you can purchase your favorite dress at very affordable price on the online Chinese shops without worrying about whether or not it will fit you. It does not matter whether you are looking for a casual, sports, modern or evening dress – you can find everything online.
So, do not waste any more time and add some new dresses to your wardrobe!