Do you have the problem of not being able to find a dress shirt that fit your body type just perfectly. Forget about that problem and learn how to measure yourself for dress shirt!
How to Measure Yourself for Dress Shirt
You need to provide these measurements in order to find your dress shirt size. Once you measure yourself for dress shirt and get the dress shirt measurements you will be able to buy a dress shirt that will fit you perfectly. Grab a piece of paper, a pencil and measurement tape, start measuring yourself and write down the dress shirt sizes numbers:
- Neck – In order to measure your neck you need to put the measurement tape around your neck where a collar normally sits. Do not forget to give a half-inch extra for your neck movement.
- Chest – Put the measurement tape under your arms and around your chest. Measure the size and add one or maybe two fingers gab between the measurement tape and tour chest. Write down the size.
- Waist – Put the measurement tape around the waist and measure it. If you want a regular and fit dress shirt add three or more inches extra and if you want an athletic dress shirt then add one or one and a half inch extra in size.
- Sleeve Length- Measure the shirt length from middle of the back of neck, across your shoulder, to the arm and the elbow all the way to the wrist bone. Add one inch extra to the final sleeve length size.
Now that you have your dress shirt sizes and measurements you need to check the dress shirt size chart and find your ideal size. Once you know your exact size you can shop online without worrying whether or not the shirt dress will fit you.
Dress Shirt Types and Options
- Standard Sizes – Even though this may be a fast and quick solution, it can be difficult to find the exact your size and these dress shirts can be often baggy around the waist and there is no one set standard between the online sellers.
- Athletic or slim fit – This is the best option when it comes to read-to-wear shirts. But you need to keep in mind that these dress shirts fit best on men who have a slim or athletic body type.
- Half Bespoke – These types of shirts allow men who have long arms or irregularly sized necks to get a more customized shirt. Keep in mind that these shirts still tend to have a biddy waist.
Do not forget to check the Chinese online shops where you can find a huge variety of shirt dresses at very affordable prices. Her you can find shirts in different design, color and material. Go through the dress shirts and buy the one that suits you the most according to your body size, budget and style.
So, measure yourself for dress shirt properly, find your size and buy your favorite dress shirt online!