Taobao is the largest C2C (consumer-to-consumer) e-commerce platform based in China. Founded in 2003, by Alibaba Group, Taobao is one of the most visited websites today.
Why Shop At Taobao
If you are a type of person who values quality over a brand, Taobao is the ideal website for you. Besides that, all the popular brands you know are manufacturing their products in China and later they charge more for them because of their famous brand. But Taobao is different, here you can get clothing for both men and women, accessories, gadgets, toys and much more, all in one place and at pretty low prices.
Millions of online customers around the globe have discovered what a paradise this Chinese shop can be. For that reason there are thousands and thousands of active consumers every day, purchasing from the excellent range of products, Taobao has to offer.
3 Things You Need to Know When Buying on Taobao
Here are few things that you should know when buying here:
- You Need to Translate – Taobao’s item listing, navigation, and the complete user interface is in Chinese. That is why if you don’t understand the language which many people don’t, you need to translate the page. Keep in mind that even after translation there are going to be some difficult to understand and odd words.
- It is easy to find a trustworthy seller – One of the simplest ways of finding the most reliable and experienced seller is by looking at its transactions. These transactions mean that the seller has managed to successfully do his work. The transactions can be viewed at the seller’s profile. Make sure to take a look at the rating of the sellers as well. Hearts are the lowest ranks, then diamonds, blue crowns, and yellow crowns are the highest ranks.
- It is recommendable to use a Taobao agent is you are outside of China – The agent plays the role of mediator between you and the seller and helps you to communicate better. The agent also assists you to handle shipping of the products that you have purchased and delivers them directly to your home. If you want, the agent can help you to search for the product you are looking for as well. It is recommendable to search for local agents because they tend to be less expensive.
Taobao How to Buy – Complete Guidance
Taobao is in Chinese and if you don’t understand Chinese then you can have difficulties to complete an order. The website can be translated into English, but still, it can be complicated to find the product you are looking for and to pay for it. For that reason, Taobao has created an English site which integrated English in its ordering process.
If you want to purchase something from Taobao, you shouldn’t allow the Chinese to stop you from doing it. With the help of the English site, you can buy good quality products at lowest prices. One English site designed for this purpose is Eazyla.com. With the integration of English in this website, all you need to do is to choose any product link from taobao.com and paste the link on the English website.
Here is step-by-step guidance of how you can order:
1. Select products from Taobao.com and copy the link to the English website eazyla.com (To the home page)
2. Paste the link on the English site and click “Go”
3. Make sure to fill the color, size, quantity fields. There is an option to click “Alternative Link” that can you click in a situation where you think the seller is probably out of stock so you can search another alternative. If you don’t want to add this option just click “Drop”. If you have any special requests don’t hesitate to write and e-mail.
4. Select the right destination and make sure to check how much the China local courier fee is.
5. After you have filled up all the information needed, continue by adding the product to the cart.
6. Go to your cart and check the total price in USD or other currency. Add the right details of the delivery address (the address that you want the product to be sent to).
7. After adding the right address, make sure to select the shipping method and payment method and click “Proceed to Payment” in order to confirm the order.
8. After you completed the payment, make sure to update your payment. Click on “Upload Receipt” (the first one is for the order’s payment and the second is for international shipping fees).
That is all! Now you are ready to shop and not worry about how you will complete your order.
Is Taobao Safe?
Considering the fact that Taobao is globally popular and for the year 2013, the GMV (gross merchandise volume) of Taobao and Tmall outpaced 1 trillion RMD, we must say that this site is beyond safe. The number of satisfied customers is endless.
Besides the profit, Taobao takes excellent care of its customers from all around the world. There is trained customer support which can communicate in English. So if you are facing any problem during your ordering or paying process, do not hesitate to contact the customer service.
When it comes to the payment, RMD or Chinese Yuan are used in every transaction on Taobao. You can pay using Alipay (similar to PayPal), via online banking or you can buy money slip recharge from a post office in China for your Taobao account. Other methods of payment are Visa, Master Card, JCB, DBS Express and Malaysia e-Banking.
As one of the world’s top 10 most visited websites and with more than 760 million product listings, Taobao is worth visiting. You are just one click away from entering a completely new shopping world where you can buy your favorite products at extremely low prices. Taobao is completely safe when it comes to buying and paying and can offer you excellent shopping experience. Open taobao.com and start shopping!